Robe District Local Services
Robe District ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Robe District site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Robe District Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Robe District When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Robe District Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Robe District Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Robe District ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Robe District and a Place to Meet
The robe.southaustralia.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Robe District
Robe District - Interesting Facts
1. Robe is a historic town located on the Limestone Coast of South Australia, approximately 340km southeast of Adelaide. It was named after the Governor of South Australia at the time, Sir Frederick Robe.
2. The district is known for its stunning coastal scenery, with rugged cliffs, sandy beaches and turquoise waters. Popular beaches include Robe Long Beach, Robe Beach and Town Beach.
3. The area is rich in wildlife, with a number of national parks and conservation areas. The Little Dip Conservation Park is home to a variety of bird species, while the Bool Lagoon Game Reserve is a popular spot for birdwatching.
4. The town of Robe has a rich maritime history. It was once an important port for the export of wool, and many historic buildings and wharves can still be seen around the town.
5. The Obelisk, a tall stone structure located on the edge of Guichen Bay, is a popular landmark in Robe. It was originally used as a navigational aid for ships entering the bay.
6. Robe is also known for its wineries, with a number of vineyards located in the surrounding area. Popular varietals include Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay.
7. The annual Robe Easter Fishing Classic is a popular event in the district, attracting anglers from around Australia. The competition includes categories for a range of fish species, with prizes awarded for the largest catches.
8. The district is also home to a number of historic shipwrecks, including the Zanoni, which sank off the coast of Robe in 1867. The wreck can still be seen protruding from the sand at Long Beach.
9. The Robe Rock Lobster Festival is another popular event in the district, held annually in February. The festival celebrates the local fishing industry, with seafood stalls, live music and family entertainment.
10. The district is also home to a number of historic homesteads and buildings, including the Penola Homestead and the historic Robe Gaol. These buildings offer a glimpse into the history and heritage of the region.